I got this recipe from Dan Lepard’s Muffins recipe. It’s really easy to make since I only need fork and spoon to mix it.
Below is the copy of recipe’s from the website above without any modifications:
- 1 medium-size banana, peeled
- 175g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 75g creme fraiche
- 75g butter, melted
- 300g plain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 250g fresh or frozen berries
- Heat the oven to 180C and line a muffin tray with 12 muffin papers. Chop the banana into slices then put it in a bowl with the sugar.
- Use a fork to mash the banana smoothly with the sugar.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl, whisk in with the fork then beat in the creme fraiche and melted butter.
- Add the flour and baking powder, then stir well, making sure you get right down to the bottom of the bowl. Add the berries and mix gently.
- Spoon the batter into the cases and bake for about 25 minutes. Poke a toothpick in: if it pulls out clean, they’re ready.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
I alsot tried to make a cake version and I need 40 minutes to bake it.