This is rendang’s recipe from my mom. So far, I made it twice, but the taste is still far away from the one that my mom made. I want to practice more often, but I cannot cook for more than 2 hours, it makes me getting headache the next day (MIGRAIN :-()
- 2 kg of meat
- 1/4 kg of grind chillies
- Coconut milk from 8 coconut (4 can of coconut milk)
- 4 stick lemon grass
Grind the following:
- 2 thumbs size of ginger
- 5 thumbs sizes of galangal
- 7 garlic
- 2 handfull of shallots
- 2 tbs coriander
- Heat oil in a frying pan, put shallots and all the ground ingredients.
- Put in all the leaves then coconut milk.
- Put meat and cooked it until becomes black (+/- 4 – 5 hrs).