I got this recipe from my colleague who’s coming from Ukraine. She gave me once and it tasted so good. I haven’t have time to practice it yet. I will put the picture as soon as I made it. For a mean while, I posted the picture from my friend together with the recipe 🙂
For the dough you need:
- 200 gr butter or margarine (I use margarine for baking)
- 200 gr sour cream (I use seterrømme)
- 2.5 cups flour (about 420 gr)
- 1 ts baking soda
- vanilla sugar, a little bit
For the filling, and cream:
- 500 – 600 ml canned in own juice cherries, without liquid (I bought German cherries in Meny, 2 cans)
- 100 – 900 gr of fat sour cream shop 20 – 25% (I use seterrømme)
- 150 gr sugar
- 1 cup cut walnut
- Mix sour cream with melted butter or margarine and cooled to room temperature.
- Add baking soda and vanilla
- The resulting mixture gradually pour in flour, mixing thoroughly.
- Knead the dough, wrap it in folie and put it in refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Divide the dough into 15 pieces, roll each piece into a thin (no thicker than 2 – 2.5 mm) layer. To make the cake turned out beautiful and delicious, each line (or stick) should be approximately the same thickness and length. You can make a paper template of the desired length and a witdth of 8 – 9 cm (approx. 20 by 9 inch size).
- Put a line of cherries on the stick. Try to wrap the dough tightly.
- Fix the end of tubes that cherries are not falling out.
- Put the tubes on the baking paper and bake until golden colour for about 10 minutes at 180 deg C. It is advisable to turn the tube, when the bottom browned, to brown the top.
- To prepare the cream, put the sour cream in white cotton cloth and hang it to get rid of the water for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Beat up the sour cream with sugar, add the half of the chopped walnuts.
- Cooled down the sticks lay on a dish in the following order: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.
- Put a cream on each layer. Leave a small space between teh sticks in a row that the cream has penetrated into the gaps and the cake soaked the best.
- Put the remaining nuts on the prepared house and put it in the cold for 24 hours.